- CODEX MUNDO ALGODÃO
- The authorship of CODEX MUNDO ALGODÃO is not shared, but ubiquitous. Hacking and transmuting into the aesthetic environment of Alejandro Ahmed – the codex user of this act, CODEX is an immigrant and has an accent.
- CODEX, by Sheila Ribeiro (São Paulo/ Br)
- MUNDO ALGODÃO, by Alejandro Ahmed (Florianópolios/ Br)
- Dance: Sheila Ribeiro / Alejandro Ahmed
- Sound: Tom Monteiro
- Fashion: Karlla Girotto
- Light: Mauro Martorelli
- Production: Corpo Rastreado
- Acknowledgments: Grupo Cena 11, Cecilia Blasius, Renné Araujo, JUSC – Jurerê Sports Center Florianópolis, Oroboro Theater Company (Danilo Cianciarulo) SP, Massimo Canevacci.
Creation subsidized by the 16th Municipal Dance Promotion Program for the City of São Paulo. Edition 2014.
- In this work Sheila Ribeiro points out the codes and configurations that construct cultures, people and the arts, relativizing their contextual normalities.
- CODEX PLATFORM
“The CODEX platform is an experiment that I created in 2029. I’m fascinated by digital technology and androids in general. Today I am Alejandro Ahmed’s code. Data are running behind your design. Do you know that yesterday I was a user? Today, dear, only system.”
The CODEX platform is a research axis of the artist Sheila Ribeiro that allows a dip in the contemporary dances produced in Brazil. CODEX is a work that builds itself in time, in a dilated and expanded way, by several autonomous works, as if they were “tracks”, “scenes”, “chapters” and “manifestations” – like episodes that form a series. The platform is therefore built into acts and in each CODEX act, a researched artist is invited to be the user of the platform.
- Suggested value of entry: R$ 10,00
- 80 places
- On site there will be sale of artisan beer Indolor.
- Publicity photo of the work: Tiago Lima